TWC Fantasy Booking – How I would book Armageddon 2 for Hell in a Cell.
Fantasy Booking with
The Wrestling Classic
Booking Armageddon 2 for Raw’s Hell in a Cell PPV
Clash of Champions is going down this Sunday and next months Raw PPV is Hell in a Cell. If referring back to the leaked calendar earlier this year and whatever other information I have gathered from online, out of the two-year gimmick PPV’s, Raw gets Hell in a Cell and Smackdown Live gets TLC. On that note, October 30th is going to be the first Hell in a Cell PPV event exclusive to Raw. Which in my opinion means Raw really has to deliver. Now with these PPV’s only being 2-2 1/2 hours long, the undercard is pretty much set with the tag team, women’s, cruiserweight and mid card divisions. I mean you could have two tag matches, two women’s matches, two cruiserweight matches, one mid-card grudge match and the main event. Then you basically got a full card. Now getting back to the main event, the title and the cover picture for this blog (which was made by @wrestling_party on Instagram) already gives away my idea for what the “Hell in the Cell” PPV main event should be. The real question is how would this match be booked? How would creative build up to this Armageddon Hell in a Cell match that we haven’t seen in 16 years? Ill give you my take on how I would book it. On that note, get ready for some TWC fantasy booking.
It’s the night after Clash of Champions on Raw, and the entire landscape of Raw has changed with new champions and rivalries being progressed to the next level. The matches we need to concern ourselves with is the United States title match between Reigns and Rusev, the match between Jericho and Zayn and the main event Universal Title match between Seth Rollins and Kevin Owens. I’ll mainly be focusing on these three feuds. Of course other feuds and rivalries would be happening on Raw, but I’m only booking for these three specific feuds.
First off I would have had Zayn go over on Jericho cleanly, which has Jericho livid. Secondly, Roman Reigns would have defeated Rusev and become the new United States Champion. I would have had Roman pick up the win at Clash of Champions due to Rusev getting distracted to check on Lana who got bumped off the apron by accident but only to turn around to get met with a spear by Reigns. Of course losing the title and the way Rusev lost would have the Bulgarian Brute looking for retribution. Finally, in the main event between Rollins and Owens, I’d have Triple H make his first appearance since that Raw where he interfered in the main event and turned on Rollins, to interfere here to once again help Owens. Thus really adding more tension between Triple H and Seth Rollins. Also, allowing Owens to sneak away with another victory in a big match situation when having to defend his title. Now back to Raw.
Quick Summary: It’s the night after Clash of Champions and Mick Foley is still in charge of Raw with Stephanie McMahon. He’s clearly not seeing eye to eye with Triple H who keeps helping Owens retain the title while screwing over Rollins in the process. Foley is also having a hard time trusting Stephanie McMahon because Rollins and Reigns are putting ideas in his head about Stephanie’s true colours and vindictive character. Above all of that Foley has to deal with the problems of the entire Raw locker room.
Chaos begins to take over Raw. The Reigns/Rusev and Zayn/Jericho feuds are getting more heated week after week with backstage attacks and in ring brawls. Basically Foley is beginning to lose his mind as GM of Raw and doesn’t know who he can trust. He’s also getting frustrated that nobody seems to be listening to his authority. He feels like it’s his responsibility to regain the proper order of Raw and it’s superstars, putting an end to this chaos.
In a heated confrontation with Triple H and Kevin Owens, Foley’s announces his answer to contain the chaos on Raw. In madness and anger, he books Kevin Owens to defend his title in this 6 man HIAC match against Rollins, Reigns, Rusev, Zayn and Jericho. Forcing Owens to retain his title without the help of Triple H. Triple H argues with Stephanie the weeks leading to the match about how this match shouldn’t happen, as he knows first hand what the Hell in the Cell can do to the longevity of a superstars career and to their personal health. He tries to convince Steph that Foley’s trying to destroy Raw and its top stars while they’re in competition with her brother Shane, Bryan and Smackdown.
This puts Stephanie in a tough position where we find out where her loyalty lies when it comes to Foley and Triple H. Also, on top of all that drama, Triple H is still trying to make sure Rollins doesn’t win the title and that Owens keeps it.
It definitely won’t happen but you know, I can dream and imagine. Right @wwe?
There are 5 Raws between Clash of Champions and Hell in the Cell, meaning there is five weeks to build to the Armageddon Cell match. This is how I would book these six men going into Hell in a Cell.
Week 1: Raw 09/26/2016
– The first Raw after Clash of Champions would have the show kick off with Rollins storming out at the beginning of the show calling out Triple H and demanding answers. Instead he gets Stephanie, who tells Rollins to calm down and that her husband is not even here tonight. Rollins starts accusing Stephanie on knowing whats going on but not telling him. He says if she’s not going to tell him whats wrong with her husband and then he will find out what his problem is with him, by himself. Stephanie says she doesn’t deserve to be disrespected like this and puts Rollins in a match against someone to kick off the show.
– Rollins is victorious. After the match he grabs a chair and brings it into the ring. Rollins sits in the chair and says he’s not leaving until he gets Triple H. This brings out Mick Foley who says he gets where Rollins is coming from and is just as confused as he is about the whole situation and he promises by the end of the night he’ll have worked something out to benefit Rollins, but Rollins needs to get out of the ring. Rollins heads to the back.
– Backstage segment with Stephanie and Foley where Owens shows up. They have a discussion about what happened the night before. As Foley is interrogating Owens, Chris Jericho shows up defending his friend and saying that Sami Zayn beat him by fluke and that Foley made him wrestle with a flu. Foley books Zayn and Jericho for tonight.
– Roman Reigns comes out for a in ring promo about winning the US Title at Clash of Champions. Mid way through his interview promo, Lana comes to the ramp and cuts a promo on Reigns about how he only won because Rusev cares about Lana more than anything. Once Rusev saw Lana might have been hurt he got distracted and Roman like a hyena took advantage of Rusev’s compassion for his wife. However, Rusev is coming back for his title and to defend the honour of his wife, who pain Roman used to gain a victory against the Bulgarian Brute.
– Sami Zayn is being interviewed backstage when he is brutally attacked by Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens. They beat down on Zayn until officials and referees broke it up.
– Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens are backstage gloating on what they just did to Sami Zayn, when Foley approaches them and says that it was absolutely inappropriate and Zayn is unable to compete tonight. Therefore, Jericho will now be facing Roman Reigns in the main event.
– Kevin Owens comes out to the ring and gloats about how this is still the Kevin Owens show and how he’s the greatest Universal Champion of all time. He says once again he did most the work yesterday, and had the match won but Triple H came out there to secure that Raw had a strong leader. Owens goes on saying that he doesn’t care if the people believe him or not but tonight he’s in a good mood, so he’s issuing an open challenge to anybody in the back to try to come and defeat the champion. Sheamus, the loser of the Best out of Seven series comes out and takes a loss to Kevin Owens. Following the match, Seth Rollins runs out to the ring but Owens rolls out of the ring and heads back up the ramp holding up his title.
– Backstage, Foley approaches a pissed off Seth Rollins and tells him he’s talked to Stephanie, and before Foley can finish Rollins cuts him off and tries telling Foley that he can’t trust Stephanie. He’s been on the same team as her and they did horrible things to good people, and tells Foley that he is a good person. After a moment of silence, Foley says how is relationship is with Stephanie doesn’t concern Rollins. Foley says he came here to tell Rollins, that next week on Raw, he’ll have a rematch to face Kevin Owens for the Universal Title.
– Chris Jericho and Roman Reigns ends in a no contest when midway through the match when Reigns seemed like he was going for the finish, Rusev comes from the crowd and attacks Reigns. The two guys brawl but ultimately Rusev stands tall to end Raw.
Week 2: Raw 10/03/2016
– It’s already announced before the show that we’re having Chris Jericho vs. Roman Reigns again so there is a clear-cut winner of last weeks main event. Also we already know that the main event is Rollins vs. Owens for the Universal Title.
– The show kicks off with Kevin Owens coming out to the ring livid that he has to defend his title tonight on Raw. Owens says he’s just going to get him DQ’d and counted out and leave with his title because he’s bored with beating Seth Rollins. This brings out Seth Rollins. They have a back and forth and Rollins asks Owens if he knows where Triple H is? He says Triple H must be here because Owens can’t beat Rollins without him. Before things turn into a brawl, Foley comes to the stage and makes the match a No DQ match as well and if Owens does anything to try to ruin the match he’s going to strip Owens of the title.
– Backstage we Stephanie on the phone, Foley walks in and the last thing we see Stephanie saying is “okay, I’ll say you later tonight. I love you.”. Foley immediately gets curious and asks Stephanie if that was Triple H. Stephanie says it was her daughter and that she’s flying in home tonight because her daughter isn’t feeling well and that Hunter is busy in Orlando. Foley apologizes but Stephanie questions if Rollins is really getting into Foley’s head.
– Backstage Chris Jericho interview about his upcoming match against Roman Reigns.
– Roman Reigns vs. Chris Jericho kicks off the second hour. Rusev and Lana come and watch the match from ringside. Rusev clocks Roman in the head with a steel chain he has wrapped around his fist while Jericho has the referee distracted. Reigns takes the blow to the head and turns around right into a codebreaker. Jericho pins Roman Reigns for the three count victory. Following the match, Rusev and Lana get in the ring to finish off Reigns. Reigns fights back, and he goes for a spear, but Rusev moves out of the way and he spears Lana instead. Referees and officials come out to the ring to check on Lana. Rusev is yelling in anger and checking on Lana. Reigns leaves the ring in shock of what just happened. While officials hold Rusev back in the ring. Rusev wouldn’t chase after Reigns anyway because he wanted to console his wife.
– Following the break, we see Lana being loaded into an ambulance. Phillips ask Rusev how Lana is doing and if he has anything to say before he gets into the ambulance. Rusev just yells that Roman Reigns is a dead man. Another interviewer is trying to get a word with Roman but he won’t come out of his locker room.
– Stephanie is interviewed about what just transpired between Roman Reigns and Lana. Stephanie says she knows first hand what a spear from Roman Reigns feels like and there will be repercussions, even if it was an accident.
– Backstage segment with Kevin Owens & Chris Jericho. Chris Jericho is hyping up
– Right before the main event we see Foley in the parking lot telling security guards to make sure that if anyone sees Triple H they let him know immediately. Stephanie, who’s leaving to catch her flight to get to her daughter, approaches Foley in shock. Stephanie says that Triple H is the COO of this company, and if he wanted to get in there’s not much anyone can to do to stop him. Stephanie then says she already told Foley that Triple H isn’t here tonight and that he’s in Orlando, for NXT stuff. Stephanie questions where the trust has gone in their relationship.
– Its main event time. Kevin Owens defends his Universal Title against Seth Rollins. The match is great of course and very back and forth. Rollins gets Owens set up for the pedigree when Triple H shows up, coming through the crowd. He comes from behind Rollins, spins him around and lays him out with the pedigree. He drags Owens on top of Rollins and tells the referee to count but ROLLINS KICKS OUT AT 2. Triple H argues with the referee and ends up hitting the pedigree on the referee. He waves down another referee and another one comes running down the ramp but Foley is following. Foley gets in the ring trying to talk to Triple H, but Triple H hits Foley with a right hand and does the “suck it” gesture. When Triple H turns around he’s face to face with Rollins who’s picking himself up in the corner. Rollins stares at Triple H, who’s telling Rollins to stay back and calm down. As Rollins starts approaching Triple H, he’s cut off by super kick from Kevin Owens. Owens then picks up Rollins and hits him with pop up power bomb as Triple H cheers him on. Owens pins Rollins for the victory. Triple H and Kevin Owens celebrate as Rollins lays knocked out in the ring and Foley is sitting against the barricade rubbing his jaw with officials trying to help him. Raw goes off the air.
Week 3: Raw 10/10/2016
– Stephanie is not here for this episode of Raw. Foley is in charge by himself. There is chaos all over Raw not only in these three rivalries. The womens and tag division is filled with chaos as well. Gallows and Anderson are dominating as tag team champions battling off both The New Day & Enzo and Cass. Nia Jax has set her eyes on Women’s Champion Sasha Banks but first has to get through old NXT nemesis Bayley at Hell in a Cell to become the number one contender. Charlotte and Dana’s feud is getting more fired up, the Cruiserweights are getting super competitive, Cesaro has got himself in a mini feud with Jinder Mahal and Sheamus has set his sights on trying to defeat Braun Strowman.
– The shows kicks off with a serious looking Mick Foley coming to the ring, but the moment Foley gets a word out, Seth Rollins music hits and he comes down to the ring. Rollins demands answers and retribution. Rollins is sick and tired of being screwed out of the title from Triple H. As of right now, all he wants is Triple H. Foley tells Rollins to calm down and breathe.
Rollins asks Foley if he’s an idiot. He starts questioning how Foley doesn’t see the conspiracy played out, and how he’s being deceived by not only Triple but Stephanie McMahon. Rollins tells Foley that he’s just a pawn to their game, just like he was. He tells Foley that it must have been the plan all along. Vince McMahon said if Stephanie didn’t pick a GM, he would pick one for them, and Stephanie is smart and she chose him because he’s an idiot. Rollins says Stephanie knew she could make you take care of all the small stuff, control you, while her husband and her were still taking care of the bigger picture with their own self interests. Rollins points out how out on control Raw has gotten, but the one thing that is in intact is that Triple H’s chosen one is still the Universal Champion. Foley starts looking confused and upset.
Kevin Owens makes his way out to the ramp and mocks Seth Rollins and Mick Foley and calls them both idiots. Owens says that nothing that Rollins is saying even matters and the only thing that matters is that Kevin Owens is still the Universal Champion. Owens says that Rollins is delusional because he just can’t beat him and agrees that Foley is an idiot, however if they want answers, they’ll get answers tonight because tonight Raw will have its first ever Kevin Owens Show in the middle of the ring and Kevin Owens’ guest is the man with all the answers. Segment ends.
– Cesaro approaches Foley backstage asking when he will get his Universal Title shot since he won the best out of seven series. Foley says in due time but first he needs to figure out this Triple H problem. Chris Jericho enters the room talking about how he beat the United States Champion last week which makes him entitled for United States title shot against Reigns. Foley books Cesaro vs. Jericho for tonight instead.
– We get updates on Lana’s health followed by a satellite interview with Rusev who says Roman Reigns has made this feud personal. Rusev says he’s not only going crush Roman Reigns US Title run, he’s going to crush his spirit and he’s going crush his pride. He’s going to destroy Roman Reigns and everything he thinks he stands for.
– Chris Jericho faces Cesaro in one hell of a match. Jericho picks up the victory after Jinder Mahal comes out to distract Cesaro. Following the match Sami Zayn makes his return and brawls with Chris Jericho.
– Foley catches Cesaro backstage and says he’s booking Cesaro vs. Mahal at Hell in a Cell so they can settle their differences before Cesaro gets his title shot. Cesaro says after he finishes with Jinder, he’s going to be the next Universal Champion. Foley then catches up Sami Zayn, and tells him that he should have just contacted him if he was going to be back tonight and going out there causing brawls on his show like that is unacceptable. Zayn said this isn’t about being acceptable, because Jericho and Owens tried to take him out of action and that this is personal. Foley starts to explain that he’s in charge but Jericho attacks Zayn from behind. WWE officials (and even Cesaro) have to break it up.
– Roman Reigns comes to the ring to address what happened with Lana. He said it was an accident and that he felt bad about it. However, that its partially Lana’s fault. Reigns says the last two times Lana was victim was because she was in the wrong place at the wrong time. He then talks about how Rusev said this is personal. He says everything he does in this business is personal. He says he has a wife and daughter at home, and when you’re the champion you get paid more and he wrestles for his livelihood. If Rusev wants to take away his career or this title from him, it’s taking food off his wife and daughters table, so its personal to him too. This brings out Bo Dallas, which leads to a match.
– Roman Reigns defeats Bo Dallas in a competitive match. Following the match a man in a hoodie and sweats jumps over the barricade and attacks Roman Reigns with a chain. The attacker is Rusev. He brutally attacks Reigns and puts him in the accolade while using the chain. Foley comes out sending out security guards and officials to break it up.
– Foley has security guards escort Rusev out the building. Rusev tells Foley that he wants Roman Reigns. An interviewer approaches and asks him how he’s going to deal with all this chaos on Raw. Foley says everyone will get to settle their differences at Hell in a Cell. The interviewer asks Foley if he knows who Kevin Owens guest is going to be and Foley says he has pretty damn good idea who it is just like everyone here in “blah blah town” knows who it is. Foley then says he’s looking to get some answers himself and walks off.
– Kevin Owens comes out for the first ever “Kevin Owens Show”, all dapper and stuff. Kevin Owens welcomes everyone to the show and talks about how he’s gotten some tips from Chris Jericho since he’s the host of the amazing Highlight Reel. He goes on talking about his reign as champion and how he knew he was destined for this his entire life. Kevin Owens then talks about his reign as Universal Champion and hows he’s done everything by himself with support from a friend and mentor. He then introduces his guest, Triple H.
Triple H comes out with basically an army of security around him. It almost looks like his Wrestlemania 32 entrance but instead of skeletons its security. Triple H and Kevin Owens embrace and Triple H soaks in the moment. Kevin Owens welcomes Triple H to the show and they briefly talk about Raw. Kevin Owens asks Triple H if he’s the reason why Kevin Owens is champion and Triple H says that Kevin Owens is the reason Kevin Owens is champion. Kevin Owens asks Triple H what his problem is with Seth Rollins, as the fans start chanting “We Want Rollins!” Triple H starts cutting a long promo about how Seth Rollins was the chosen one, handpicked from the Shield by him, and given everything from the Authority but he dropped the ball when he got injured. He goes on saying because of that he had to take matters into his own hands to make sure that Roman Reigns or Dean Ambrose weren’t the WWE Champion. Triple H says they had a plan and Seth Rollins dropped the ball so he had to pick it up himself. He goes on blaming Seth Rollins for his loss at Wrestlemania, Shane McMahon gaining control of Smackdown, the brand extension and for the WWE Championship not being on his wife’s show Raw. He said what hurt the most was that he thought of Seth as his son, but now Seth is the son he wished he never had. He says Seth Rollins is a failure and its dawned on him that he was wrong about him, because Seth Rollins could never get the job done without his help. He sat at home and watch Seth Rollins return, but then fail time and time again. Therefore, I looked to find someone who could get the job done and that was Kevin Owens.
Mick Foley’s music hits. The security lets Foley through to make his way to the ring. Triple H sits on his stool with a smirk on his face as Foley gets in the ring. Triple H quickly tells Foley he appreciates him helping his wife with this show but all of this has nothing to do with him. Triple H says he has respect for Foley, they’re two guys cut from the same cloth, from the same era so he’s sorry he had to punch him in the jaw last week but he got in the way of business. Foley says anything that happens on this show is his business, whether anybody likes it or not. Foley says he’s had enough of not having control of the superstars of Raw and of Triple H interfering in the Universal Title matches. Foley continues by saying this show isn’t about Triple H, it isn’t about Stephanie, about himself or their era but Raw is about the current superstars of the New Era and the fans. Foley says Triple H doesn’t dictate what happens on this show but these people and everyone watching at home does. Triple H & Kevin Owens have a laugh at Foley and Triple H reminds Foley exactly who he is and that he controls Foley’s destiny. Triple H mentions how he can stop Foley’s paycheques, get Holy Foley cancelled from the WWE Network, make sure his son is unemployed, his daughter never gets a job in this company and if he wanted too, he could kick Foley’s ass right now.
Foley and Triple H go nose to nose but Foley steps back. Foley repeats that this isn’t about Triple H or himself but its about the New Era and Raw being the flagship show while they’re at war with Smackdown Live. Mick said originally he came out here for answers from Triple H but he got them all already before he came out here. He knows Triple H’s motives and what he has to do as the GM of Raw became very clear to him. Foley then says there has been chaos on Raw and he’s going to resolve it all right now. Foley first addresses the fact that Kevin Owens is the “chosen one” to lead the New Era on Raw, so he wants Kevin Owens to prove he’s the chosen one. He wants Kevin Owens to prove that he deserves to be holding that title he’s holding, and there is one way Kevin Owens can prove it. Kevin Owens is taunting Foley to try him.
Foley brings up that one of the things he was promised in his contract as Raw GM was that he was allowed to book the matches for Raw and its PPVs. If he had any power at all that couldn’t be taken away from him, it was that he was in charge of booking the matches. Foley points out that the next PPV is Hell in a Cell. Foley’s goes on saying that at Hell in a Cell, Kevin Owens will be defending the title inside that same structure that made him famous. Foley looking at Triple H mentions that Owens will be defending his title in the cell so nobody can get in to help him. Triple H looks angrily at Foley and says against who? Seth Rollins? Owens’ starts laughing and brings up how its ridiculous how Rollins keeps getting title shot after title shot afters he has already pinned him three times when the title was on the line. Owens calls Rollins a failure. Foley says yes, Kevin Owens will be defending the title against Rollins at Hell in the Cell, and before Triple H or Kevin Owens can say anything Foley cuts him off and tells him to wait because he’s not done. Foley reminds everyone that he said he was going resolve all the drama that has been causing chaos on Raw and was going to let everyone take their personal issues with each other in one match. Therefore, not only will Kevin Owens be defending his title against Rollins at Hell in a Cell, but he’ll be defending it against Roman Reigns, Rusev, Sami Zayn and his best friend Chris Jericho in an Armageddon Hell in a Cell match. Foley then starts to leave the ring as Owens is yelling at him and Triple H is holding him back, trying to calm him down by telling Owens that he will fix this. As Foley is midway up the ramp, he tells everyone in “blah blah town” to have a nice day.
Out of nowhere, Rollins music hits and he hits the ring at full speed. Triple H gets out of the ring right away and Rollins and Owens begin to brawl. Triple H sends the security in to bring it up and hold back Rollins. Raw goes off the air.
Week 4: Raw 10/17/2016
– Last week Foley announced the Armageddon match for Hell in a Cell. Stephanie McMahon is back on Raw. Kevin Owens is scheduled to be on Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel.
– Chris Jericho’s Highlight Reel with Kevin Owens. Chris Jericho does a big introduction for Kevin Owens. The two sit there exchanging some friendly banter until Chris Jericho asks about last week and Mick Foley decision to book Owens in Armageddon Hell in a Cell match. Kevin Owens goes on about how Foley is an idiot and how Triple H is working to fix this. Owens talks about how three of these guys don’t even deserve to be in the match because he’s already beat them. Chris Jericho begins talking about this is just another reason why Mick Foley is unfit to be the Raw GM. Chris Jericho says he’s going to add this to his Mick Foley list. Chris Jericho lets Owens knows he has his back and will have his back during the match if the match does happen. He says anyone that tries to take the Universal Title away from Owens is going to get “it”.
Sami Zayn’s music hits and he has a microphone and stands at the top of the ramp. Zayn says he comes in peace and he’s just curious is Chris Jericho has lost all passion in wrestling or better yet all ambition to be the best in the world at what he does. He says it surprises him that Chris Jericho, “the first ever Undisputed Champion” (he runs down more of Jericho’s accomplishments) doesn’t want to be the Universal Champion. He questions what Jericho is still even doing here. Is Jericho here to kiss Kevin Owens ass? Maybe your just washed up? Maybe you just don’t have “it” anymore?
Jericho starts calling Sami Zayn a stupid idiot and Owens cuts him off and tells Zayn, he’s a real tough guy, trying to start problems between him and best friend standing all the way up there. Sami Zayn says he’s not an idiot and he knows what would happen if he came to that ring right now. What Sami doesn’t know is how Kevin Owens would feel if Chris Jericho walked out of Hell in the Cell with the Universal Title? Kevin Owens said that wouldn’t happen because Chris Jericho knows he’s the chosen one and he would hand the title right back to him because thats what best friends do. Jericho looks confused and tells Owens he wouldn’t do that…Jericho says he would be a proud champion that has the support of his best friend while he gives the world the Gift of Jericho. The two start arguing with each other and Zayn heads to the back laughing.
– Satellite Interview with Rusev & Lana. Lana updates us on her health and says Roman Reigns deserves to be suspended or punished for his actions. Lana is wearing a neck brace. Rusev talks about how he’s happy he gets to demolish Roman Reigns and win the Universal Championship at the same time. Byron Saxton asks Rusev if he’s going to show up like last time when they interviewed him from “home” and Lana tells him to shut up and stop being stupid Byron, nobody likes you. Lana starts feeling pain and Rusev says the interview is over.
– Roman Reigns gets interviewed backstage. He discusses the match Foley booked for Hell in a Cell and he says that he’s going to walk out with two titles after Hell in the Cell. Reigns says he doesn’t trust that Rusev won’t show up tonight but he’s prepared if he does.
– Roman Reigns defeats Jinder Mahal with Cesaro on commentary. Cesaro talks about how he’s going to meet whoever wins the Hell in the Cell he expects to face at Survivor Series for the Universal Champion. Rusev never showed up.
– Chris Jericho is backstage with Foley complaining about the Armageddon match and Foley trying to build tension between Owens and himself. Foley tells Chris Jericho that next week he’ll be facing Kevin Owens one-on-one to find out who the better best friend is. Foley tells Jericho to have a nice day.
– Seth Rollins comes out to cut a promo about what Triple H said last week. He talks about how he admired Triple H and looked up to him. He talks about why Triple H chose him, but he then calls Triple H a delusional old man. He says Triple H is no longer The Game but he’s just a corporate monkey. Seth Rollins said he saw Triple H slowly change and that he should have seen it coming. Seth Rollins brings up Orton, Kane, Big Show and Batista and says the Triple H and Stephanie will use you and abuse you until it doesn’t benefit them any longer. He goes on saying it’s going to happen to Kevin Owens and Mick Foley too. The only people Triple H and Stephanie are looking out for are themselves. He then moves on to talk about how Foley actually may not be in their pocket. He says Foley might have actually listened to him last week because he grew some balls and booked the match that puts the chosen one Kevin Owens at risk, which means he put Triple H’s and Stephanie’s power play at risk. Seth Rollins says he’s going to walk out of the Hell in the Cell as champion. He says he may not be in their pocket anymore or be their puppet but he’s better off without them and they should be worried because he knows all their secrets and weaknesses. Rollins says its time for Triple H to play The Game.
– Stephanie and Foley are watching on a monitor backstage. Stephanie keeps questioning why Rollins keeps thinking she’s somehow involved with her husbands ulterior motives. Foley asks Stephanie if she knew about any of it. Stephanie look shocked that Foley asked her that and said no. Stephanie goes on about how since Rollins been back she’s been the one giving him opportunity after opportunity but she supports Kevin Owens as champion because overalls he supports Raw being the superior brand. Stephanie brings up that she hasn’t even brought up the ridiculous match Foley made last week because she supports her Raw GM. Stephanie says she’s sick and tired of being accused because of her past mistakes. Foley apologizes and says he just needs to know where her loyalty lies because he knows Triple H is her husband and he is her business partner. Stephanie says she knows how to separate home from work, and when she’s here she focused on Raw not her husband. Foley was about to say something else but Foley’s phone rings and he said he has to deal with this.
– Triple H shows up in Stephanie’s office out of nowhere. Stephanie asks Hunter what he’s doing here he’s supposed to be in Japan or something…but Triple H cuts her off and says he just got back a few hours ago but he’s here because he needed to talk to her about Mick. Stephanie tells Hunter that he’s not supposed to be here but Triple H tells her to hear him out. What the hell does Foley think he’s doing booking dangerous matches that puts Raw at risk? He asks Stephanie if she even thought about how bad for business this match is? Triple H says that he knows first hand how the Hell in the Cell can take years off your career, hell Foley knows it better than anyone. He also says he knows first hand what the cell does to one personal well-being. Putting six of Raws top stars in the dangerous cell including their Universal Champion is ridiculous. He asked Stephanie if she remembers how bad he was suffering after the Armageddon cell match in 2000 or after any of his Hell in the Cell matches. Triple H goes on saying that if they’re in competition with Smackdown Live, Daniel Bryan and her brother Shane McMahon, risking the health of six of their big stars isn’t best for business. Triple H sucking up to Stephanie says he’s not trying to tell her what to do, he respects his wifes decisions but he’s trying to knock some sense in her head. Triple H just tells Stephanie to process everything he just said and to to think about it. Triple H kisses her and says he’ll see her at home and leaves. The main event is right after this.
– Sami Zayn & Seth Rollins face off against Kevin Owens & Chris Jericho. This a super competitive match. There is obvious tension between Jericho and Owens trying to one up each other and tagging themselves in without the other knowing. Zayn takes the heat with Rollins getting the hot tag. The match breaks down and somehow there is a finish where Jericho messes up and Owens takes the fall from Zayn. Zayn and Rollins win and head the back. Owens pop up power bombs Jericho after arguing in the ring to end the show.
Week 5: Raw 10/24/2016
– It’s the go home show to Hell in a Cell. Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho is scheduled for tonight. Its advertised that Stephanie McMahon addresses the crowd. Sami Zayn is booked to take on Rusev and Roman Reigns is booked to take on Seth Rollins. There is a Hell in the Cell hung above the ring, which they show throughout the night as they show clips of previous cell matches.
– Stephanie comes to the ring and calls out Mick Foley to talk about the risks of this Sunday’s Hell in a Cell match. Foley comes around and gets some cheap pops before asking Stephanie what she wanted to talk to him about and why they couldn’t do this backstage. Stephanie tries persuading Foley that they should change the match. Stephanie says the show could still have a cell match, but rather booking Roman Reigns to face Rusev in the cell instead of the Armageddon match? Stephanie tries getting the fans behind that idea and the crowd will respond with boos. Foley asks who Owens would defend his title against then? Foley says this match needs to happen…Kevin Owens music hits.
Kevin Owens comes out and agrees with Stephanie that the match should be scrapped and that he shouldn’t have to in a Hell in a Cell match as he’s too important to Raw. Rollins music hits and he says this is a perfect example of Triple H and Stephanie playing games to get things to go their way to protect Owens and controlling Foley. Rollins and Owens start bickering at each other. Chris Jericho comes out saying quiet. He says Owens and himself may have hit a bump in the road of their friendship but Kevin Owens is still his best friend. Jericho goes on about the real problem about Monday Night Raw which is Mick Foley. Zayn’s music hits and he tells Jericho that he is still kissing Owens ass after Owens power bombed him last week and that he’s being a stupid idiot by trying to take a shot at the Universal Title away from all of them. Roman Reigns music hits and he makes his way down to the ring and says he knows first hand how Triple H and Stephanie work. Reigns says he hates to say this but he has to agree with Rollins that it seems like Stephanie and Triple H are in cahoots together to keep Owens as champion. Owens calls Reigns jealous and says the only reason he’s saying this is because he was never a great champion. The big dog couldn’t cut the mustard. Reigns and Owens go face to face until Owens steps up back and raises his title and calls everyone a bunch of losers with Jericho standing next him doing the same. Rusev’s music hits. Rusev gets in the ring and Reigns and Rusev go face to face.
Foley says enough is enough and before things break down into a giant brawl, the match is still on. He tells Stephanie that they need to be professional and talk about this backstage. Foley pumps up the three big matches tonight featuring the Armageddon cell participants and says the first one is starting right now between Zayn and Rusev.
– Sami Zayn faces Rusev. This would be a highly competitive match that’s ends when Roman comes out to distract Rusev to allow Zayn to pick up the win. Roman Reigns attacks Rusev after the match and they brawl until Rusev scurries away through the crowd.
– Chris Jericho faces Kevin Owens. Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho start wrestling each other for the first couple of minutes. They both have a turn on upping they other. Chris Jericho rolls out of the ring and says they don’t have to do this and they certainly don’t have to do this for this stupid people in “blah blah town”. Jericho says if they wrestle each other, Mick Foley gets what he wants again and they’re smarter than that. Jericho gets in the ring and says he says last week was his fault and he apologizes. He asks Owens to hug it out like Bros. The two hug in the middle of the ring and as Owens turns around, Jericho spins him around and hits hm with a codebreaker.
– Chris Jericho is interviewed backstage about what just happened before the break. He tells “Todd Phillips” to shut the hell up. He calls him a stupid idiot and says that Owens and himself are still best friends. There isn’t any hard feelings but he was just returning the favour from last week. Foley approaches Jericho and says since Jericho/Owens robbed the fans of seeing them compete tonight they’re still going to compete. He wants to see how close Jericho and Owens really are so he changes the main event to Owens & Jericho vs. Rollins & Reigns.
– Following a Hell in a Cell flashback of Mankind/Taker cell match from 1998 we cut to a backstage segment with Foley and Stephanie. Foley is still trying to convince Stephanie that the Armageddon match is good idea. Foley brings up how Reigns attacked Rusev today and how putting these men in the cell will allow them all to settle their issues with each other. Triple H walks into the room with a couple of security guards around him. He doesn’t say anything at first, but before leaving he says he’s going to show everyone tonight, why this Sunday is bad idea. As Triple H leavings the office, Foley tries going after him but Stephanie says she’s got this and that Foley has to trust her. Stephanie leaves to talk to her husband.
– Sami Zayn is interviewed backstage and he still says he hasn’t forgotten on getting retribution on Chris Jericho which he will but he also has to focus on becoming the next Universal Champion. He says he can’t let his hatred for Chris Jericho miss this opportunity.
– Backstage segment of Seth Rollins approaching Roman Reigns in the locker room. Rollins walks in with his awesome laugh and says Roman Reigns tag teaming with Seth Rollins. Rollins says he was looking forward to beating Reigns again tonight but he got a weird mushy feeling when he found out they’d be teaming up tonight. Rollins starts talking about old times in the Shield. Roman Reigns smirks and smiles as he reminisces. Reigns cuts Rollins off and says he isn’t fooling anybody. Reigns says he doesn’t trust Rollins or believes anything he has to say but tonight they need to watch each others back. Reigns then continues on by saying this Sunday, he’s going he’s going to kick Rollins ass. Reigns walks out of the locker room,
– Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins face off against Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens. There is tension between teammates on both teams but initially both teams work well together. Each person in this match is trying to prove their the most dominant superstar. The match would come to an end when the breaks down into a brawl and Reigns spears Rollins by accident. Roman Reigns is left alone to fight off Owens and Jericho. Rusev runs down to the ring and joins in on the beatdown on Reigns. Rusev, Jericho and Owens tease doing the Shield power bomb onto Reigns when Rusev starts doing Roman’s roar. Jericho and Owens pick up reigns to start setting it up but Rollins gets back in the ring and saves Roman Reigns. Sami Zayn runs down to the ring to even the odds and it’s an all out brawl. All six men are in the ring fighting. Slowly the Cell starts lowering on top of them, and we see Triple H in the production area pushing the button to lower the cell. All six men are fighting inside the cell inside and around ringside inside the steel structure as Raw goes off the air.
WWE Hell in a Cell: 10/30/2016
Armageddon Hell in a Cell Match
Kevin Owens (C) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Chris Jericho vs. Roman Reigns vs. Sami Zayn vs. Rusev
I’m not going to book this match spot for spot but I would have these spots booked for sure.
– Rusev spearing Zayn into the door which opens it for them to get out.
– Reigns chasing Jericho up the cage. Which would lead to Reigns and Jericho briefly fighting on top of the cage. While Zayn and Rusev fight around ringside and Rollins and Owens are fighting inside the cell.
– Chris Jericho starts climbing down from the top of the cage on the side where the announcers table is after hitting Reigns taking Reigns out with an enzuiguri up top. Zayn takes Rusev out by back body dropping him over the barricade into the crowd area onto the cement. Zayn starts climbing up the same side Jericho is climbing down from. Jericho kicks Zayn off the side of the cage so he falls backwards, crashing through the table below. Jericho smiles as he is happy he took out Zayn. Zayn is getting helped to the back on a gurney, but he won’t leave the match. Meanwhile, Owens has Rollins in headlock in the ring after they fought around ringside for a bit using the cage wall as a weapon. Jericho goes in the ring and double teams Rollins with Owens. They’re stomping on Rollins as Zayn frees himself and gets back to the ring to help Rollins and immediately starts fighting Jericho.
– Reigns climbs down from the cage around the same time Rusev is heading back into the cell but they start fighting outside the ring. Rusev tries spearing Reigns through the barricade but Reigns moves and Rusev goes crashing through the barricade wall.
– In the ring Zayn takes out Owens with a helluva kick. Jericho takes out Zayn with a codebreaker. Rollins comes back with a knee to the head of Jericho. Rollins hits the pedigree on Jericho but Jericho kicks out at two. Triple H’s music hits. Reigns is back inside the structure but outside the ring leaning against the steel steps trying to regain some breathing air. Triple H hits the ring and he attacks Roman first, throws him into the cage wall and stomps on him to make sure he stays down.
– Triple H makes sure the door is locked by the referee so nobody else can get in. Rusev is still locked outside the cell. Triple H begins to roll up his sleeves and gets into the ring. Triple H waits for Rollins to get up, kicks him in the gut and sets him up for the pedigree. Roman Reigns comes out of nowhere and hits Triple H with a superman punch before he can hit it. Owens tries coming at Reigns but Reigns hits him with a superman punch and Owens rolls out to the outside. Reigns hits Zayn and Jericho with superman punches too knocking both of them back to the outside.
– Triple H starts getting up, and Reigns doesn’t notice as he’s picking up Rollins. Rollins shoves Reigns out of the way and pounces on Triple H. Reigns pulls Rollins off him. Rollins and Reigns are staring at each other and then both look at Triple H, and Reigns puts out his fist and Rollins puts his fist to Reigns as throwback to their Shield brotherhood. They hit the Shield power bomb on Triple H, followed by a pedigree from Rollins and they toss him out of the ring. At this point Foley is getting the cell door open again with chain cutters. Once they get in the cell, the agents and the officials carry a beat up Triple H to the back.
– Reigns and Rollins square off against each other after they take care of Triple H, until both Jericho and Owens get back in the ring. Soon enough, Rusev and Zayn get back into the mix. At this point chairs, steel chains and other weapons are involved in the match. The match stays in the ring this point forward.
– The finishing sequence comes when everyone hits their finish or signature moves with very little energy left. This is like everyones hitting their last desperation move. Zayn takes out Owens with a Michinoku Driver, Reigns takes out Zayn with a spear, Rusev takes out Reigns with a super kick, Jericho takes out Rusev with a codebreaker, Rollins hits the pedigree on Jericho. Rollins goes for the pin but Owens breaks up the near fall. Rollins charges at Owens but he pulls the top rope down and Rollins takes a nasty bump to fall out at ringside. Rusev is back up on the apron but a recovering Reigns uses his last bit of energy for a spear that sends him through the middle ropes spearing Rusev right into the cage wall and both guys are knocked out on the ringside floor. Zayn and Owens start going at it in the middle of the ring with a fury of punches, and Owens gets the pop up power bomb on Zayn. Rollins tries getting into the ring to break the fall but Jericho pulls Rollins leg to get him back outside at ringside allowing Owens to get the three count. Kevin Owens gets the victory by pinning Sami Zayn due to the help of Jericho pulling Rollins out of the ring when he tried getting into the ring to break the fall. Kevin Owens is in shock that he retained. Jericho gets in the ring to celebrate with Owens as Rollins lays on the ground at ringside shocked he didn’t win put in pain. Kevin Owens survives Armageddon and retains his Universal Title.
Now that is how I would book the Hell in a Cell main event a long with the match itself. What do you guys think? How do you feel about the build up and the match? Does this sound like an entertaining 5 weeks of Raw when it comes to their main event scene? What would you do different? Is this an angle you’d enjoy? Leave your comments and opinions below. If you like this scenario, share it on your social media too. Share it on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Thanks for reading another edition of fantasy booking with TWC.
- December 2018
- November 2018
- October 2018
- September 2018
- August 2018
- July 2018
- June 2018
- May 2018
- April 2018
- March 2018
- February 2018
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
WWE Clash Of Champions Predictions 2017By TheWrestlingClassic
WELCOME TO MY CHANNELBy TheWrestlingClassic
TWC Report #4 – 05/16/2016By TheWrestlingClassic
The WWE 2016 Brand SplitBy TheWrestlingClassic
WWE Battleground PredictionsBy TheWrestlingClassic
WWE Money in the Bank 2017 PredictionsBy TheWrestlingClassic
WWE Roadblock: End of Line PredictionsBy TheWrestlingClassic
WWE Elimination Chamber 2017 PredictionsBy TheWrestlingClassic
FEATURES / TWC Blog
Would you want to write for the site?By TheWrestlingClassic
WWE The Greatest Royal Rumble PredictionsBy TheWrestlingClassic